Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week of November 28 - December 2

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to a full week of school this coming week.  We have an exciting week ahead with our Artist-in-Residence Steve Ferraris drumming with our students.  Our light unit will be on hold for one week to fit this program in.

I am currently taking a literacy course along with all my elementary colleagues and have come across two new resources that I plan to integrate into our literacy program to augment spelling skills.  We will still be using WordlyWise daily, but I will incorporate individual spelling work with all students as well.  More details to come...

It's hard to believe December begins at the end of this week.  I will begin to ask students to write out their Secret Pal messages this week and will have them work on them over the next two weeks, so they are all done and passed in to me by December 16.  This way they won't have to rush and can give meaningful thought to the messages they wish to relay.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment